End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part Two

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part Two Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part Two   Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part Two Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 am

Ezekiel 36:20
"And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These [are] the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land."
They profaned the name of the LORD, because the heathen would, now, think of Him as not being able to protect His people. This is the same embarrassment caused to God, when someone commits a terrible crime and proclaims to the world he is a Christian.
Even in dispersion, Israelites tainted God’s honor in the sight of the heathen, who concluded that the Lord of this exiled people was not powerful enough to keep them in their land.
The Israelites, as well as the Christians of today, should be a sign to the world of the greatness of God. Everything we do, and say, should glorify Him. We should never do, or say, anything that would turn people away from God.
Jesus is the Light of the world. We are to have that Light brightly shining within us, so the world can see the Light in us. We are to dispense Light, not darkness. We believers affect the way the world feels about God.

Verses 21-23, “For My holy name”: Restoring Israel to the land that God pledged in covenant, Gen. 12:7, will sanctify His great name, and move other peoples to “know that I am the Lord.” This glory for God is the primary reason for Israel’s restoration, v.23.

Ezekiel 36:21
"But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went."
This is a peculiar expression, indicating that God was zealous to protect His holy name from being profaned by Israel among the heathen. Even if they did not represent God to the world in a positive manner, He still loved them and forgave them.

Ezekiel 36:22
"Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went."
God will cause the heathen to have respect for His name, even if the children of Israel have caused them to have disrespect for Him. This is just saying, their return to the Promised Land was a free gift to them from God. They did not deserve to be His wife anymore. He saved them, regardless of their worthiness.
This is the same with the Christians. Christ did not wait, until we were worthy to be saved, to save us. He saved us, while we were yet in sin. We are saved by grace. Our salvation is a free gift from God.

Ezekiel 36:23
"And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes."
God had given His Word to Abraham that the land of Israel would belong to Abraham's descendents forever. God keeps His Word, even though, Israel did not keep theirs. The heathens worshipped false gods that had no power at all. God wanted even the heathen to know that He is the One True God.
His power is not just in one country, but He is the God of all people. One of the things that set Israel apart from the other nations was their God. This shows that God is truly Creator of all mankind. God is Supreme Ruler of the entire creation.

Two Things Sanctified vs.23:
1. I will sanctify My great name
2. I will be sanctified in you
God's name and His person were to be sanctified, though neither was involved with any sin.

Ezekiel 36:24
"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land."
“Bring you into your own land”: It is by no power of their own, that they are set free, and that their homeland will be ready for them. These are all things that God set up. They do not just come haphazardly, God brings them.
God assured Israel that He will bring them out of other lands back to the Promised Land, v.24, not just Judah, but all of the tribes from among the nations and bring them back to their own land to live forever under the Messiah, the very land from which He scattered them, v.20. It is the same “land that I gave to your forefathers”, v.28, a land distinct from those of other nations, v.36, and a land whose cities will be inhabited by those who return, verses 33, 36, 38. The establishment of the modern state of Israel indicates this reestablishment has initially begun.

Verses 25-30,"I will cleanse you”: Along with the physical reality of a return to the Land, God pledged spiritual renewal:
1. Cleansing from sin
2. A new heart of the New Covenant, Jer. 31:33-34
3. A new spirit or disposition inclined to worship Him
4. His spirit dwelling in them, enabling them to walk in obedience to His word.
This has not happened, because Israel has not trusted Jesus Christ as Messiah and Savior, but it will before the kingdom of Messiah, Zech. 12 – 14; Romans 11:25-27; Rev. 11:13.

Ezekiel 36:25
"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you."
Then … at the final regathering of all Israel from among the nations, God will fully redeem them and make them His eternal people. The physical return of the people was not enough. They must return to their God. Will I … The washing of the water symbolizes the removal of their past life, and starting them all over again in newness of life.
What is figuratively described in v.25 is explained as literal in verses 26-27.
A “heart of stone” is stubborn and self willed. A “heart of flesh” is pliable and responsive. The evil inclination is removed and a new nature replaces it. This is New Covenant character as in Jer. 31:31-34.

Ezekiel 36:26
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."
The gift of the “new heart” signifies the new birth, which is regeneration by the Holy Spirit, 11:18-20. The “heart” stands for the whole nature. The “spirit” indicates the governing power of the mind which directs thought and conduct.
The following Scripture describes, better than I could, the meaning of this Scripture above.
Hebrews 8:10 "For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:"

Ezekiel 36:27
"And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]."
This is speaking of the Spirit of God taking up His abode in man. The following Scripture describes this happening well, for the Christian whether came from Jew or Gentile.
Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Ezekiel 36:28
"And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God."
God had given them the Promised Land. There was a condition that gave them the privilege of staying there. They must keep the commandments of God. God always wanted to be their God. The only question was, did they really want to be His people? He offers this to them, but they must accept it.

Ezekiel 36:29
"I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you."
Not only will all Israel be saved from all sin, but her land will be saved from all the curse. This is the offer to wash them in the blood of the Lamb, and take away all unrighteousness. When they are washed in this blood, they will be white as snow, spiritually. The blessings of God will be showered on them. They would have an abundance of corn. They will never hunger again, if they accept Him as their Savior.

Ezekiel 36:30
"And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen."
It is God who brings the abundant crop. We can plant the tree and care for it, but God must give the increase.
Remorse of Israel:

Ezekiel 36:31
"Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that [were] not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations."
Then... when Israel and her land are fully redeemed from all the curse, they will remember their own sins and evil doings, and loathe themselves for their own abominations.They will be truly repentant for their past sins. They will be so grateful to God; they will desire to please Him in all they do. The thought of their past sins will be painful to them.
In Ezekiel chapter 6:9 and 20:43 repeat almost the exact same thing.

Ezekiel 36:32
"Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel."
Again God emphasized the fact that such corrupt, stiffnecked people as Israel were not saved by any worthiness of their own, but rather for His sake, that He might complete His program of man's restoration from the curse in order that things might continue eternally as before the fall. God wants them to be ashamed of their sins. He wants them to; also, know that their forgiveness is His doing, and not theirs. They have received unmerited favor from God. He does this to elevate His name to them and the heathen.
God’s glory and reputation among the nations, not Israel’s, causes this restoration to be promised.

Ezekiel 36:33
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded."
Another assurance of the full conversion of Israel and restoration of the land of promise from the curse, as stated in vs. 29-30. This is speaking of a time of prosperity that God has brought. God wants the cities to, again, be thought of as they were before the captivity.

Ezekiel 36:34
"And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by."
At one time, the passerby had thought the land to be totally uninhabitable. Now, it will bloom like a flower in the desert. This had two fulfillments. This happened, when they returned from Babylon, and will again happen fully in the millennium, partial fulfillment is seen today in the land.

Ezekiel 36:35
"And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited."
The one that says this is the heathen lands around Israel. God caused the Garden of Eden to grow, and furnish their needs. God is causing it to grow, again, as He did in Eden. Their efforts are not bringing this about. God's blessings are bringing it about.
Millennial conditions will be similar (not identical) to those in Eden.

Ezekiel 36:36
"Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it]."
We see this will happen, after the heathen have been destroyed, and there will be few left. Those left will recognize the hand of the LORD in this. It would be nothing at all for Creator God to restore this land. He took nothing, and made the world. God spoke, and the world became. God will speak and the ruined places will be built again.

Ezekiel 36:37
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do [it] for them; I will increase them with men like a flock."
God will sovereignly work this return/renewal, yet give Israelites the human privilege of praying for it to be realized. This prophecy was to stir up the people’s prayers.
“Increase them”: There will be an increase in the population during the regathering of Israel and the great tribulation of the future will bring them to full repentance and dependence upon God. When the male population came to Jerusalem, they brought vast numbers of animals for sacrifice. That was small compared to future kingdom conditions.

Ezekiel 36:38
"As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD."
All nations will be required to go to Jerusalem to worship in the days of the Messiah and this will continue in the New Earth as well see Isa. 66:22-24. The temple in Jerusalem had been a place for people from other areas to come to and worship. Many times, the streets were overcrowded with these people. The time will be when just the Israelites will be as large as those numbers had been. God will enlarge their numbers greatly and will enlarge their love for God, as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part Two
Page 1 of 1