End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Ezekiel Chapter 37 Part Two

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Ezekiel Chapter 37 Part Two Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Chapter 37 Part Two   Ezekiel Chapter 37 Part Two Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 4:06 am

Ezekiel 37:15
"The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,"
63rd prophecy in Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 37:16-17
"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions:" "And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."

In verses 15-28, Ezekiel was commanded to write the names of Judah and Israel on separate sticks, and then to join them together as one stick, verses 16-17. This action represented the fact that the two nations would be rejoined as one nation at the same time as the national revival just prophesied in the preceding chapter. The kingdom had split in 931 B.C. after the death of Solomon, with 10 tribes in the north being known as Israel (or Ephraim) and two tribes in the south, Benjamin and Judah, being known as Judah.
The symbolism here is that of taking two sticks, writing on them the names of the two divisions of the kingdom of Israel, and joining them together in his hand as one stick. The application or truth symbolized is that both divisions of the kingdom will become one nation again upon the mountains of Israel as before the division in the days of Rehoboam and Jeroboam (1 Ki 12). They will be one nation forever under the Messiah.
Note... That both Judah and Ephraim, or both divisions of Israel, were called Israel, and that their companions were Israelites. The two divisions were called Judah and Ephraim.

Ezekiel 37:18
"And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou [meanest] by these?"
This is asking Ezekiel, what God means by the two sticks. The meaning here is that the tribes of the north and the tribes of the south would no longer be thought of as two tribes, but would now all be all Israel.

Ezekiel 37:19
"Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which [is] in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand."
In the physical sense, this is the 10 tribes and the 2 tribes coming together, and making up the physical house of Israel. It was unnatural for Israel to be separated, and they will be known as one tribe. They are all physically descended from Abraham. They are in the lineage of Abraham.
There is a house of faith that is, also, Abraham's. They are the Christians. Those who are Christ's are Abraham's seed in faith.

Ezekiel 37:20 "And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes."
Notice hand is not plural. They have come together.

Ezekiel 37:21
"And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:"
In verses 21-23 God made 3 promises that summarized His future plans for Israel: (1) Restoration, v.21; (2) unification, v.22 and (3) purification, v.23. These promises bring to fulfillment: (1) the Abrahamic Covenant, Gen. 12; (2) the Davidic Covenant, 2 Sam. 7; and (3) the New Covenant, Jer.31 respectively.
Zechariah prophesies the ultimate deliverance and salvation of God’s covenant people with a description of her restoration and blessing in the millennial kingdom. Zechariah shows how this happens during the millennial kingdom in chapter 12 verses as Jerusalem becomes “a cup of trembling” which is a symbol of the wrath of God.
Zech. 12:7-10 "The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify [themselves] against Judah." "In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David [shall be] as God, as the angel of the LORD before them." "And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn."

Ezekiel 37:22
"And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:"
Upon... this states again plainly that all the tribes of Israel will live eternally upon the mountains of Israel... in their own land, Palestine.
The King, spoken of here, is speaking of David, who will be over all the tribes of Israel in their national restoration under the Messiah. Christ will be King of kings and Lord of lords over David and all other earthly kings in eternity, and even over all the resurrected kings and priests (Rev. 19;16).

Ezekiel 37:23
"Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God."
In addition to chapter 12 we just read in verse 21, this further defines God’s work. Zech. 13:1-2 "In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness." "And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord of hosts, [that] I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land."
So shall... This truth is expressed in this chapter two times (vs. 23,27).

Ezekiel 37:24
"And David my servant [shall be] king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them."
David, in the Scripture above, will be over all the whole house of Israel and the servant of the Messiah. Jesus is the Shepherd, savior of all mankind. The whole house of Israel will walk in God's judgments and observe God's statutes and do them.
Ephesians 2:15 "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;"
Hebrews 8:6 "But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises."
Ephesians 2:5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"
Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:"

Ezekiel 37:25
"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, [even] they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David [shall be] their prince forever."
“Land that I have given unto Jacob”: It is natural to see this physical land, so clarified, as the very land God gave to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Even they... This statement, even they and their children and their children's children is another way of stating eternal generations of eternal people on earth.
This "forever" is speaking of the reign of Messiah during the Millennial period.
Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom."

Ezekiel 37:26
"Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore."
Covenant of peace: This is the New Covenant in full force. Israel has never yet been in a state of perpetual salvation peace; This will be done by Christ at His 2nd advent, this awaits fulfillment in the future kingdom of the Messiah who is the “Prince of Peace: Isaiah 9:6.
“An everlasting covenant”: The everlasting nature of the Abrahamic, Davidic and New Covenants are joined together in the redeemed that experience the millennial kingdom “forever”. The Hebrew word for “everlasting” may refer to a long time or eternity. It is also true that these covenants will continue to be fulfilled after the Millennium in the eternal state.
“My sanctuary”: The Spirit of God begins to prepare for the great reality that God will have a sanctuary in the midst of His people and will dwell with them. God promised to dwell with man on earth. This has been God’s desire in all epochs: (1) before Moses, (2) in the Mosaic era, (3) in the church era, (4) In the Millennium and (5) in eternity future. This refers to the Millennial and eternal temple, which is described in detail in 40:5-47:12, and which is stated to be the eternal capital building of the Messiah in 43:7. It will be built by Christ at His 2nd advent (Zech. 6:12-13).

Ezekiel 37:27
"My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people."
This is different from the temple, and refers to the canopy over all dwellings in the Millennium when the light of the sun will be increased 7fold and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun. It no doubt also refers to the eternal city of God in the New Earth, the New Jerusalem, the capitol city of God, when He personally will move with the city from the planet heaven to the earth after the Millennium, to dwell among men eternally (Rev. 21:3-5).
Revelation 21:3 "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God."

Ezekiel 37:28
"And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore."
Israel will then be set apart for holy uses and will be considered sanctified under the Messiah as He reigns over them and uses them as His missionaries to evangelize the world.
A believer in Christ is no longer classified as a heathen. The correct definition of heathen is foreign. (as in not Jewish)
Ephesians 2:19 "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;"
Revelation 7:9 "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422

Ezekiel Chapter 37 Part Two
Page 1 of 1