End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Ezekiel Chapter 34 Part One

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Ezekiel Chapter 34 Part One Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Chapter 34 Part One   Ezekiel Chapter 34 Part One Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:16 am

Ezekiel 34:1
"And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,"
57th prophecy in Ezekiel fulfilled.
1. Prediction-- fulfilled:
Woe to the shepherds of Israel that feed themselves, for their sixteen sins.
This, again, is a brand new prophecy. Ezekiel turns from the people, to their leaders who have the greatest guilt.
From this chapter on, Ezekiel’s messages are mostly comforting, telling of God’s grace and faithfulness to His covenant promises.

Ezekiel 34:2
"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?"
“Prophesy against the shepherds of Israel”: The reference was to pre-exilic leaders such as kings, priests, and prophets (their civil leaders), as well as their spiritual leaders (Meaning those false ones who fleeced the flock for personal gain – verses 3-4), rather than fed or led righteously. This stands in contrast to the Lord as Shepherd.
These Scriptures have a meaning for the Jews and the Christians, as well. We will try to look at both, as we go along. The very beginning of these verses is a reprimand for not caring for the sheep. The kings then, and the preachers now, must be careful to feed the sheep. That is the primary job of a shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:3
"Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: [but] ye feed not the flock."
This speaks of those who take from the sheep and give nothing. We see in some churches today, that ministers are living far above the conditions of their people and are not teaching them true doctrine or the dangers of not living according to God’s holy word.

Ezekiel 34:4
"The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up [that which was] broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them."
Healing of the body has long been the concern of God. In every age men have been promised physical healing upon meeting certain conditions.
Some treat the church as if it is a hotel for saints and not a hospital for sinners.
Mark 2:17 "When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
Those whose spirits are sick need us. The weak sheep need more care than the healthy ones. A good shepherd keeps his sheep together with love, patience, and kindness, not by driving them. Jesus told the parable about the shepherd that left the 99, and went to find that one that was lost. The 23rd Psalm describes the good Shepherd.

Ezekiel 34:5
"And they were scattered, because [there is] no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered."
When the flock is divided it is easy prey for the wolves. They get one sheep off from the others, and kill him. This is true of the church. Together we stand, divided we fall. The wolf is not afraid of the sheep, but he is afraid of the shepherd. The shepherd drives the wolf away, and saves the sheep.
In the verse above, there is no shepherd. The sheep are easy prey. This is why a Christian needs fellowship in a church with other Christians, and to be under the care of a pastor. There is safety in the numbers, and the pastor protects the single member. The pastor is protector and guide.
The beasts of the field pictured here, picture the nations that prey on Israel (Dan. 7:3-7).

Ezekiel 34:6
"My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek [after them]."
To hold a civil office or an office in a church carries with it a grave responsibility. We should not take the office, if we have not weighed the cost and are willing to sacrifice to do a good job. The lost of the world today are like those sheep on the mountains. We must go and get them.
To be saved is wonderful, but God called His workers to seek out the lost. How can they be saved without hearing? They must hear the Word of God to be saved.

Ezekiel 34:7
"Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;"

58th prophecy in Ezekiel.

4 Predictions-- fulfilled:
1. I am against the shepherds and will require my flock at their hand.
2. I will cause them to cease from feeding the flock.
3. They will no longer feed themselves.
4. I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them..

This is not just an idle statement, but a warning to the ministers of today, and to the leaders of the Jews then.

Ezekiel 34:8
"[As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because [there was] no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;"
All who work in the ministry should be ministering because God called them to that task, not as a way of making a living. Of course, you must have a living, but it should not be your reason for accepting a certain job.

The food that the minister of God must bring the flock, is the pure Word of God. The Word cannot be watered down, or it will not nourish the sheep. The sheep will not be in much danger of straying away, when they are well fed. When they know the Word of God, they are not as easily drawn away to false prophets.

Six reasons for judgment upon Shepherds:
1. The 14 sins mentioned above.
2. Because My flock became a prey.
3. Because My flock became meat for the beasts of the field.
4. Because there was no (good) shepherd.
5. Because the shepherds (false ones) did not seek out the flock.
6. Because the shepherds fed themselves, and not the flock.

Ezekiel 34:9
"Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;"
This is no idle threat, as proven by the case of King Zedekiah (See Jer. 52:10-11).

Ezekiel 34:10
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves anymore; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them."
When God is against any one person or group He has a just cause, and it is always the same—sin. Though sin may very in kind it does not very in essence. Many centuries had come and gone by this time, and God had longed to favor the people many times with His richest blessings, but they would not permit Him to do so. They sinned and rebelled until He had to destroy them, as seen in 2 Ki. 17 & 25.
Require... This is the law of reaping (Gal. 6:7-Cool.
Shepherds... The shepherds in this passage are the rulers of Israel (vs. 2, 7, 9, 10).
God will not allow a leader to go on, who does not care for the people. Those shepherds, who do not care for the sheep, will be replaced by some who do care for the sheep. The owner God the Father does not want to lose his sheep. The key word, in the verse above, is mouth. He will deliver them from his mouth.
These are words he is delivering them from. The false prophet will say anything to fleece his own pocket. He is not interested in the sheep. They have not brought God's message to these people, so God will require them at the false prophet’s hand.

Ezekiel 34:11
"For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, [even] I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out."
God will search Israel out and restore her to her homeland. God, the true Shepherd, would search out and find His sheep in order to restore Israel to their land for the kingdom which the Messiah leads.

Ezekiel 34:12
"As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep [that are] scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day."
This is specifically speaking of the house of Israel, which is scattered as captives in foreign lands.
Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
“A cloudy and dark day” is referring to the “day of the Lord” judgment on Israel.

Ezekiel 34:13
"And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country."
Their own land is the country promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; this is to be theirs forever.
The mountains of Israel is an expression peculiar to Ezekiel, being used 17 times in his book. It is found only once elsewhere in Scripture (Josh. 11:21).
Babylon will be destroyed during the tribulation or Daniel's 70th week, and God's people will come home to their promised land this has been in progress for awhile now. It is God who frees them. The land of Israel will, again, be a land of milk and honey. With God's blessings upon it, it will flourish.

In verses 12-14 is the promise of a literal regathering and restoration of the people of Israel to their own land from their worldwide dispersion. Since the scattering was literal, the regathering is also literal. Once they are regathered in the Messiah’s kingdom, they will no longer want (Verses 15-16).

Ezekiel 34:14
"I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and [in] a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel."
This is speaking of the beautiful pasture land where the shepherds tended their sheep. The 23rd Psalm gives a really good example of what this Scripture says. Israel will be restored to their God and His protection, as well as being restored to their land. The land would be no good without the blessings of God upon it.

Ezekiel 34:15
"I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD."
The "lying down" speaks of peace. God brings them peace, as well as supplying their needs. He feeds their bodies and spirits. It will happen, because God promised it. This is like the grace that He gives the Christian. "Grace" means unmerited favor. This is what they received, and it is what the Christian receives, as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422

Ezekiel Chapter 34 Part One
Page 1 of 1