End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part One

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part One Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part One   Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 3:43 am

This chapter gives the opposite side to the judgment pronounced on Israel’s enemies in the preceding chapter. While her enemies will be wiped out, Israel will receive the blessings of God. Her mountains will prosper verses 1-15 and her people will be re-gathered to this newly blessed land, verses 16-38. This will be a miraculous regathering by God of all Israel to their land: I will … gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land, v.24.
It will also be a regathering in belief: Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean … new hearts also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you … I will also save you, verses 25-29. The restoration here prophesied then will be both physical and spiritual, Jer. 31:31-34. The prophecy indicates that Israel will be regathered in the land before she is reborn spiritually.

Ezekiel 36:1
"Also, thou son of man, prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD:"
This prophecy the 60th in Ezekiel is directed to the mountains-Nation- of Israel. This is speaking to the people of Israel.
The mountains of Israel are personified and what is spoken to them should be understood as happening to and upon them in connection with God's plan for Israel vs. 1-15.
This chapter presents the prerequisite regeneration which Israel must experience before they can nationally enter into the promised blessings. This chapter must be understood to speak of a literal Israel, a literal land, and a literal regeneration, leading to a literal kingdom under Messiah.
Prophesy to the mountains. Ezekiel addresses Israel’s mountains, as symbolic of the whole nation. He promises:
1. To reestablished these mountains-Nation- again to dispersed Israel.
2. To cause fruit to grown on them, v.8
3. To rebuild cities and to multiply people there, v.10
4. To bless in a greater way than in the past, v.11
This promise can only be completely fulfilled in the future millennial blessing to Israel that she has not yet experienced, because it includes His redeeming them and making them His eternal people, verses 25-30.

Verses 2-15: This section continues the prophecy against Edom from chapter 35.

Ezekiel 36:2
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the enemy hath said against you, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in possession:"
In chapter 35, we saw that Edom had been delighted at the fall of Israel, thinking they would take it over as their land. They knew God had given this land to Israel, but it was easy for their jealousy of Israel, through the years to grow to hate.
They wanted what Israel had. They could never have this land, but they thought they could when Israel went into captivity.

God will restore these areas to Israel which their enemies claim to possess, Gen. 12:7. They will pay for their spite against Israel.

Ezekiel 36:3
"Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they have made [you] desolate, and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and [are] an infamy of the people:"
The people are just sure that the land of Israel will belong to them. The land of Israel had been ravaged of all its wealth, but the greatest wealth it had, was its natural resources. They were still there.
Edom was opposed to Israel, and even pleased, when their calamity came. They saw this as an opportunity to take the Promised Land for themselves. The lips of talkers were saying that Israel could finally belong to them. "Infamy" means slander.

Ezekiel 36:4
"Therefore, ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus saith the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the desolate wastes, and to the cities that are forsaken, which became a prey and derision to the residue of the heathen that [are] round about;"
God is speaking to nature itself. The things mentioned, here, were not carried away captive. They were still in the land. Remember, there has been 70 years for the rivers to clear up, and the land to be cleansed naturally.

Ezekiel 36:5
"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all [their] heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey."
God's heart is stayed upon His wife {Israel}. He may punish her Himself, but He does not want anyone saying, or doing, anything against Israel, His love. Edom and the heathen nations have angered Him greatly by attacking His beloved.
The land of Israel was a gift from God to His beloved people Israel. It will not belong to anyone else. God will see to that.

Ezekiel 36:6
"Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen:"
The shame was from the war. This beautiful land had been left a shamble. The heathen had their way with God's land in battle.

Ezekiel 36:7
"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that [are] about you, they shall bear their shame."
God has lifted up His hand, He has sworn. God testifies, as a formal pledge, that He will bring a turnabout in which the nations that seized the land will be shamed.
God's judgment on Israel is finished. All of those who thought God would totally do away with Israel have been made ashamed for believing that. The blessings of God are about to pour out on Israel.

Verses 8-15 – Israel’s land will be productive, verses 8-9, populated, verses 10-11, and peaceful, verses 12-15. These features will be fully realized in the Messiah’s kingdom. The return from Babylon was only a partial fulfillment and foreshowing of the fullness to come in the future kingdom. We will see later the gathering of Israel to start the fulfillment process.

Ezekiel 36:8
"But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come."
When God created the heavens and the earth, He caused the fruit trees to bear, and the grass to grow in preparation for man. This is what God is doing here. He is preparing the land for the children of Israel to come into. He has provided for their needs, when they get home.

Ezekiel 36:9
"For, behold, I [am] for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown:"
This land has rested for many years. It will be fertile, and produce abundant crops. It will be tilled again. This land was a beautiful pastoral land.

Ezekiel 36:10
"And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, [even] all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:"
When God brings the people back into the lands, they will build again as they had in the past. It was thought of as a blessing from God to have many children. This is saying, they will multiply fast, and fill the land. They will again build houses. The entire land will be restored.

Ezekiel 36:11
"And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better [unto you] than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD."
Each family will go back to the same portion they were allotted, when they came into the Promised Land at first. There will be no argument about whose land was whose. This is their inheritance from God.
With God's blessings upon them, they will soon grow to their former greatness. God will multiply their animals and their children.

Ezekiel 36:12
"Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, [even] my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them [of men]."
When Babylon is overthrown God tells His people to return to their homeland. There may be a later fulfillment of this, as well. In 1948, Israel became a nation, and there has been a tremendous flow of Israelis back to Israel. Their land is producing some of the finest fruit in the world.

Ezekiel 36:13
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they say unto you, Thou [land] devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations;"
There are many nations who hate Israel. This is a taunt of the enemy. Their hate is more in the form of jealousy. Even today, the Jews, who are coming back to the land, are many times, those with high technical training. The land they leave does not want to give them up.
In this sense, it would bereave the nation that lost them. God had, also, blessed them in battle. The other countries were afraid of Israel, because they were afraid of Israel's God.

Ezekiel 36:14
"Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord GOD."
Israel will live at peace with God and man.

Ezekiel 36:15
"Neither will I cause [men] to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord GOD."
This verse is looking beyond the return from captivity in Babylon. There was not, at that time, a total restoration. There have been other times, when the Hebrew was in exile in foreign lands, as well.
This is, probably, speaking of the return that is going on in Israel today. A partial fulfillment was in the days after the Babylonian captivity, but it certainly speaks, also, of the return going on today.

Verses 16-19: Ezekiel gives a backward look to underscore why Israel had suffered the past judgments by the Lord. It was because the Jews had “defiled” their land by their sins that the Lord purged it. He likened such defilement to a menstrual condition, v.17.

Ezekiel 36:16
"Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,"
This prophecy the 61st coming to Ezekiel.
In vs. 17-21 we have the cause of God in scattering Israel among the heathen, and a preview of their lives while among them. In a technical sense this section is prophecy, the purpose of the message to show latter day dealings with Israel; but the events are recorded as having already been fulfilled. They will have taken place by the time of the fulfillment of vs. 22-38, but in Ezekiel's daythey were only partially fulfilled, for the rest of Israel was yet to be scattered among the nations.

Ezekiel 36:17
"Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman."
We must continue to realize that God thought of Israel as His wife. When she lived in the land, she had gone after false gods. God thought of this as spiritual adultery. All of the things that happened to Israel in the siege, and in the captivity, were from a jealous husband, who still loved His wife.
This Scripture is going back to the time, before they went into captivity in Babylon.

Ezekiel 36:18
"Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols [wherewith] they had polluted it:"
God explains, through Ezekiel, that the punishment was not because He did not love Israel. He punished her, to teach her not to be unfaithful.

Ezekiel 36:19
"And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them."
This is explaining that God's judgment on Israel was just. He had ample cause to judge her thusly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422

Ezekiel Chapter 36 Part One
Page 1 of 1