End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Ezekiel Chapter 35

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Ezekiel Chapter 35 Empty
PostSubject: Ezekiel Chapter 35   Ezekiel Chapter 35 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 am

Ezekiel 35:1
"Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,"
59th prophecy in Ezekiel vs. 1-8 & 10-15 fulfilled vs. 9 unfulfilled.
We see a brand new prophecy beginning here. The time element is not given.

Ezekiel 35:2
"Son of man, set thy face against mount Seir, and prophesy against it,"
Mount Seir is Edom was the land given to the descendants of Esau. Judgments had already been spoken on Edom, but perhaps, this is a furtherance of that judgment spoken. Edom represents all the nations which have opposed Israel, just as Egypt symbolizes the unsaved world.
This is really not against the mountain itself, but against the people who dwell there. This could be a prophetic message to the lands who oppose Israel in our day.

Ezekiel 35:3
"And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O mount Seir, I [am] against thee, and I will stretch out mine hand against thee, and I will make thee most desolate."
We remember, from a previous lesson, that "God's hand being stretched out" shows the judgment is set.

Ezekiel 35:4
"I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I [am] the LORD."
The judgment of God was to punish those who had been unfaithful, but they were, also, to make those receiving the judgment realizes who God is. Their cities are to be totally destroyed.

Ezekiel 35:5
"Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed [the blood of] the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time [that their] iniquity [had] an end:"
God had promised from the beginning, to bless those who blessed Israel we see today the blessing to America from God the Father and the retribution from the world for it, and to curse those who curse Israel this final curse will come in the final judgment during the tribulation period or Daniel's 70th week. This is a dangerous, to come against Israel. This is very much like the danger that exists, when someone comes against God's anointed.
The person, or country, which makes such a foolish mistake, will be dealt with by God. This punishment coming on them is for their hatred of Israel. They did not even help Israel in their time of need.

Ezekiel 35:6
"Therefore, [as] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: sith thou hast not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee."
"Sith" is a particle used to show emotion, such as lo. Since, afterwords; seeing that! Edom seemed happy about the fate of Israel. Much blood was shed in Israel. God believes in equal justice. Blood for blood is His judgment. They were bloody people, so God will bring blood punishment upon them.

Ezekiel 35:7
"Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passeth out and him that returneth."
The desolation would be so great; this would not be repopulated again. The usual people who travel through the land would avoid that route, because of the devastation.

Ezekiel 35:8
"And I will fill his mountains with his slain [men]: in thy hills, and in thy valleys, and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are slain with the sword."
They had sided in with the Chaldeans against Israel, now it is their turn to be killed. They had been so ruthless with Israel. Now, they are destroyed with an overwhelming army.
Another name for Edom is Idumaea. History tells us, that the Edomites just fade from the history books. Perhaps, the curse placed upon them that is spoken of here, brings that about.

Ezekiel 35:9
"I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD."
There will be no more cities. They are completely destroyed. There will be no more Edomites, either.

Ezekiel 35:10
"Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the LORD was there:"
Edom had decided they would just take over Ephraim and Judah, while they were down from their defeat by Babylon. These two nations really belonged to God. Edom would have been taking over what belonged to God. The LORD would not allow this. He had promised this land to Abraham and his descendants forever. This was their promised land from God.

Ezekiel 35:11
"Therefore, [as] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou hast used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make myself known among them, when I have judged thee."
The hatred of the Edomites for the Israelites goes all the way back to Esau and Jacob. The envy as well as the hatred extended that far back, as well. The birthright was Esau's. He sold it for a bowl of soup. His brother Jacob tricked their father into giving him the right hand blessing.
This anger had come from generation to generation. Probably, they did not even know where it came from. They had always been enemies of Israel.

Ezekiel 35:12
"And thou shalt know that I [am] the LORD, [and that] I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume."
To speak against Israel, was to speak against God here God considered slander, boastfulness, and blasphemy against Israel as being against Him. These were His chosen people. The LORD fights Israel's battles for them. God will take vengeance on Edom, for the terrible things they had said about Israel. Edom had helped attack Judah.
They were proud, when all of Israel fell. They thought they might rush in and take the country for themselves, while Israel was down. They felt they had been tricked out of this land, and that it actually belonged to them.
Every blasphemous thing they had said had been heard by God. They would pay for everything they had said.

Ezekiel 35:13
"Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard [them]."
Notice, God counts these things said against Israel, as being said against Him.

Ezekiel 35:14
"Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate."
This is speaking of the time when Israel would come back into the land to possess it. They would rejoice greatly, because God would restore them to their former greatness. Edom will not be restored. There will be no joy for Edom.

Ezekiel 35:15
"As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, [even] all of it: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD."
They had rejoiced, when Israel had been overrun by Babylon, and their cities burned. They had laughed at their calamity, because they were so happy at Israel's destruction, God will bring an even worse destruction upon them.
This area was destroyed, and is now a desert area. Whatever God says, He does. All will know that He is God, because He does exactly as He says.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422

Ezekiel Chapter 35
Page 1 of 1