End Times Revealed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End Times Revealed

Are you looking for Biblical answers to the chaos around you? Does the Bible have anything to say about the future of America and her place in End-Time events? The Bible says the earth's final war is coming. Are you prepared? Join us today! Be prepared!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Share  

Nostradamus' Predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carrie
Admin
Carrie

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Nostradamus' Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Nostradamus' Predictions   Nostradamus' Predictions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:40 am

I just got done watching an episode about Nostradamus' predictions on the history channel. Can we as Christians believe his predictions? Most of the unsaved world will follow Nostradamus and believe his predictions.

Nostradamas was considered a prophet in the 16th century. It is said that he had psychic powers. Are these psychic powers from God or Satan? How much knowledge does Satan have of his future and the end times?

Nostradamus had dealings with the Roman Catholic Church but he had dealings with those not with the church too. You could say he straddled "the fence" and did not pick sides. His predictions were in pictorial because he needed to disguise his predictions from the Roman Catholic Church because he knew that if they did not agree, the pope could have his head. Some of those predictions he made did not show the Roman Catholic Church in good light. Nostradamus feared for his life daily. So much so that he made sure he had highly powerful people behind him ? such as royalty, the king. Historians do not say that he was a Christian or unsaved. Nostradamas himself does not state he is a Christian. Nostradamus' son, an author and artist, does not state his dad was a Christian either. Would God use an unsaved man to speak to us? Is the Bible our only source of Truth?

Nostradamus' predictions reveal the time period 1500-3797. Nostradamus' predictions for the end times: First, 1999, but that did not come to be. The next prediction is 2012. And yet there is a prediction of a fiery end for the year 3797. Maybe the prediction in 2012 is the rapture!

This lost book found is not proven to be Nostradamus'. The paper the drawings are on are dated to be 16th-18th century which is the right time period. But the writings, experts say, are not Notradamus' or his sons. This lost book was found in Rome and it is believed that the Roman Catholic Church had it hidden all these years because they felt it was not good for the public to know all that was in it.

When confronted with these predictions, how should we as Christians, respond?

If you want to watch these videos, go to http://www.history.com/.
But remember, not all information is bible based.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus' Predictions   Nostradamus' Predictions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:45 am

Carrie,
God the father has not used prophets since dealing with the nation Israel.God's spoken word through the prophets to the nation was to direct their path in keeping the people of the nation taught in His ordinances and principles of righteousness. We can see from scripture that when the nation of Israel rebelled from God He would bring up the man of the time to tell the people of the nation to get back in His graces or suffer the punishment.

If Nostradamus proclaimed to be a prophet or man called him a prophet we must say that he was not, for only God will call the man. Since the time of Christ's first advent and the starting of the Church Age at penticost we see that scripture only mentions Apostles, Disciples and Pastor teachers for instruction of God's word to the people with the filling of the Holy Spirit (believers in Christ). Therefore we must say that all of the predicting of an individual outside of the word of God's prophecy in the Bible is of satanic influance and should be shelved as irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422
wx_matt

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus' Predictions   Nostradamus' Predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 am

While looking into information about the end times I found this website. I have been searching high and low trying to put all of the pieces together. Looking over some of the responses and subjects I think I have found a comfortable place. I have looked at several different predictions by Notradamus and they do make me wonder but I know that the true message is in the bible.
Back to top Go down
Roy
Admin
Roy

Male Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Endtimesrevealed   Nostradamus' Predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 pm

wx_matt! welcome, we are here to provide the word of God to those who will accept it and believe that the word of God will show the way of salvation provided by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Roy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=4902422
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostradamus' Predictions   Nostradamus' Predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nostradamus' Predictions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End Times Revealed :: Bible Studies :: END TIMES DISCUSSIONS BOARD-
Jump to: